Yesterday I made an amazing dessert, it’s super easy and a classic in the States: Key Lime Pie, but with a twist.
Heres a recipe of you want:
- 200 g of Digestive biscuits
- 125 g butter
- 400 g Condensed milk
- Juice of 5-6 limes
- 2 tablespoons of grated lime peel
- 5 egg yolks
- Whipped cream
- White chocolate
- Set the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Melt the butter and put the biscuits in a mixer until they are crumbles. Mix in the butter.
- Put the mixture into a pie tray and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- When it’s done, take it out and set the oven to 150 degrees.
- Mix the egg yolks togheter in a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk, lime juice and lime peel.
- Mix it up.
- Put it in the pietray and put it in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- When it’s done let it cool and then out it in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours!
- Melt the chocolate and then whip the cream, let the cream set for a few minutes in the fridge and then cool the chocolate so it’s not super hot.
- Add the cream and the chocolate and taste so you get how you want it.
If you want to make it a bit nicer, grate some white chocolate and lime peel and decorate it.